- VULCAN 20KG Standard Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN 15KG Standard Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN 20kg Black Competition Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN 15kg Black Competition Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN 20kg Orange Power Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN 15KG Pink Competition Barbell with Collars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Ez-Curl Bar 4 foot | 10kg | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Hex Deadlift Trap Bar | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Safety Squat Bar | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Plates & Barbell Storage | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Squat/Hip/Barbell Thrust Pad | FREE SHIPPING | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Wall Mounted Vertical Barbell Storage 6 Bars | IN STOCK
- VULCAN T-Bar Handle | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Pair of Quick Release Bar Collars 50mm | FREE SHIPPING | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Pair of Aluminium Collars 50mm | FREE SHIPPING | IN STOCK
Barbells by Vulcan Fitness
An Olympic barbell is core equipment for most strength training programs. They are needed to perform several key compound lifts, such as bench press, deadlifts and squats. Importantly, they are the most effective tool to help with progressive overload which forms the foundation of successful training programs (this is the principle of gradually increasing the demand on your muscles to improve size, strength, or endurance). At Vulcan Fitness, we have all the both olympic and speciality barbell to suit your training needs.
Tips to look at when buying Olympic Barbell
While a cheap barbell can do the job, we would recommend avoiding the cheapest on the market. These will have coatings that will chip and flake off, causing havoc for your hands. They can also bend over time under even light weights. At Vulcan, we recommend either our olympic standard 15kg or 20kg bar as a great all-rounder barbell that won’t break the bank. It has a weight rating of 350kg, and a durable hard chrome coating. You can continue to use this bar even as you progress to higher weights.
If you are looking to specialize in Olympic-style lifts (clean and jerk, snatches etc) then we recommend a barbell that has more sleeve spin (makes these lifts smoother and helps prevent injuries to the wrist and elbows). Check out the Vulcan Competition Barbell.