Plyo Boxes from Vulcan Fitness
Vulcan Fitness is one of Australia's leading suppliers of high quality and affordable Plyo Boxes. We have Plyo Boxes to suit your home gym equipment and commercial gym equipment training needs. Take your training to the next level with Vulcan Fitness gym equipment.
What are Plyo Boxes used for?
Plyo boxes, also known as plyometric boxes, are pieces of gym equipment used for plyometric training. Plyometrics are exercises that involve explosive, jumping movements, and are often used to improve power, speed, and agility. Plyo boxes are typically square or rectangular in shape and come in a range of sizes and are used for exercises such as box jumps, step-ups, and box squats. Plyo boxes are a popular choice for athletes and fitness enthusiasts and are commonly found in home gyms and commercial gym facilities.
Type of Plyo Boxes?
Wooden Plyo Boxes: As the name suggests, these boxes are made of wood and are often the most affordable option. They are also quite sturdy and durable.
Foam Plyo Boxes: These boxes are made of foam and are typically lighter than wooden boxes. They're great for beginners or for those who are working on their jumping technique because they are less likely to cause injury if you miss a jump.
What are some of the exercises that you can perform with Plyo Boxes?
- Box Jumps: Stand in front of the box and jump onto it, landing softly with your feet flat on top of the box. Step or jump down and repeat.
- Step-Ups: Place one foot on top of the box and push through that foot to stand up on top of the box. Step down and repeat on the other side.
- Bulgarian Split Squats: Stand facing away from the box and place one foot on top of the box behind you. Lower into a lunge position and then press through the front foot to stand back up. Repeat on the other side.
- Box Dips: Sit on the edge of the box with your hands next to your hips, fingers pointing forward. Slide your hips off the box and lower yourself down until your elbows are at a 90-degree angle, then press back up.
- Plyo Push-Ups: Place your hands on the box and do a push-up, then explode off the box with enough force to lift your hands off the box at the top of the movement.
- Lateral Jumps: Stand beside the box and jump laterally over it, landing softly and immediately jumping back to the starting side. Repeat for several reps.
- Box Sprints: Start with one foot on top of the box and the other on the ground. Explode up and switch your feet in the air, so you land with the other foot on top of the box.