Olympic Weight Plates
- VULCAN Olympic Black Bumper Plates | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Colour Bumper Plates | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Machined Olympic Iron Plates | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Colour Fractional Plates Pack (2x 1.25kg & 2x 2.5kg) | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Black Bumper Plates (100KG SET) | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Black Bumper Plates (150KG SET) | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Colour Bumper Plates (100KG SET) | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Olympic Colour Bumper Plates (150KG SET) | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Machined Olympic Iron Plates (100KG SET) | PRE-ORDER MARCH
- VULCAN Machined Olympic Iron Plates (150KG SET) | PRE-ORDER MARCH
- VULCAN Olympic Plates & Barbell Storage | IN STOCK
- VULCAN Wall Mounted Plate Storage 3 Pin | IN STOCK
Olympic Weight Plates by Vulcan Fitness
Olympic Weight plates set are the core equipment for most strength training programs. They are needed to perform several key compound lifts, such as bench press, deadlifts and squats. Importantly, they are the most effective tool to help with progressive overload which forms the foundation of successful training programs (this is the principle of gradually increasing the demand on your muscles to improve size, strength, or endurance).
They are round, flat, and have a hole in the centre that allows them to be placed on an Olympic-sized barbell. The standard size for Olympic weight plates is 450mm in diameter, and they come in a variety of weights ranging from 0.5 kg to 25 kg. Olympic weight plates are made from a variety of materials, including iron, steel, and rubber. They are typically designed with a lip or ridge around the perimeter of the plate to make them easier to handle and load onto a barbell. Olympic weight plates are used in a variety of strength training exercises, including squats, deadlifts, bench presses, and overhead presses.
Tips to look at when buying Olympic Weight Plates
- Quality and Durability: Look for weight plates made of high-quality materials such as cast iron or rubber plates. These materials will last longer and hold up better against wear and tear than lower quality plates. If you plan to use the plates frequently or for heavy lifts, it is important to invest in durable weight plates that can withstand constant use.
- Weight Accuracy: Check the weight of the plates to ensure that they meet the advertised weight. Inaccurate weights can throw off your training and affect your progress. You can use a scale to check the weight of the plates before purchasing.
- Compatibility: Ensure that the weight plates are compatible with your barbell. Olympic weight plates are designed to fit on a 2-inch diameter barbell, so make sure that your barbell is of the same standard.
- Warranty: Check the warranty offered by the manufacturer. A good warranty can provide peace of mind and protect your investment if anything goes wrong with the plates.
What Olympic Weight Plates to go for?
We recommend Olympic Bumper Plates for a home gym. Bumper plates are made from rubber and are designed to be dropped from a height. This allows you to perform deadlifts or Olympic lifts without fear of breaking your equipment. Bumper plates are typically made of dense rubber, which is durable and shock-absorbent. They are designed to be dropped from overhead without damaging the floor, barbell, or the plates themselves. They also make less noise than traditional iron/steel plates, which is an important consideration if you are going to be working out at all hours of the day and night. While not quite as cheap as old school iron plates, they are still budget-friendly! Check out our Black bumper plates!
Fractional plates/ Changes Plates (small plates such as 1.25kg or 2.5kg) are very important for progression! If you have 5kg as your lightest plate, that means the minimum weight interval is 10kg. It is important to have these smaller weights to help safely and gradually increase the weight.