Wall Balls from Vulcan Fitness
Vulcan Fitness is one of Australia's leading suppliers of high quality and affordable Wall Balls. Wall balls are often used as part of high-intensity interval training (HIIT) and other workout routines because they work multiple muscle groups, including the legs, glutes, core, shoulders, and arms. They are also a great way to improve cardiovascular fitness, agility, and explosiveness.
To perform a wall ball exercise, you typically stand facing a wall with a weighted ball held at chest level. From there, you squat down and then explosively stand up while simultaneously throwing the ball against the wall. As the ball returns to you, you catch it and immediately repeat the motion.
There are many exercises you can do with a wall ball to target different muscle groups and improve your overall fitness. Here are some examples:
- Wall ball squats: Stand facing a wall with the ball held at chest level. Squat down and then explosively stand up, throwing the ball against the wall as you stand. Catch the ball as it returns and repeat for multiple reps.
- Wall ball lunges: Hold the ball at chest level and step forward into a lunge, lowering your back knee towards the ground. As you stand up, throw the ball against the wall. Catch the ball as it returns and repeat on the other side.
- Russian twists: Sit on the ground with your knees bent and feet flat. Hold the ball in front of your chest and lean back slightly. Twist your torso to one side and tap the ball on the ground next to your hip, then twist to the other side and tap the ball on the ground next to your other hip. Repeat for multiple reps.
- Overhead slams: Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and hold the ball overhead. Slam the ball down onto the ground in front of you, then catch it as it bounces back up. Repeat for multiple reps.
- Wall ball sit-ups: Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat. Hold the ball above your chest and sit up, throwing the ball against the wall as you sit up. Catch the ball as it returns and repeat for multiple reps.
- Burpee wall ball: Start in a standing position and hold the ball at chest level. Do a burpee (i.e., drop down into a push-up position, do a push-up, then jump your feet back up to your hands) and then stand up and throw the ball against the wall. Catch the ball as it returns and repeat for multiple reps.
These are just a few examples of exercises you can do with a wall ball. You can also incorporate the ball into other exercises, such as push-ups, planks, and squats, to add an extra challenge.